Overview of Application Process
- Students send application (see below How
To Apply). The CDT review panel triages application of candidates to produce a shortlist.
- The CDT review panel interviews all shortlisted students centrally (a mixed panel of CDT investigators & potential
- Successful students get an offer subject to finding an acceptable pairing with supervisor and
- Successful students will get access to a project selection pool and select up to 3 projects, ranking them in order of preference; students are also given
the opportunity to interact with supervisors.
- Students and supervisors are paired and binding outcomes are communicated to the student. Students are asked
to formally accept an offer for the offered supervisor & project pairing. The final offer of admissions will be subject
to satisfying Imperial College conditions (including English language requirements, original transcripts, references and ATAS).
- Student starts PhD on October 1st and joins the CDT welcome week.
How to Apply
The system has closed for applications for entry in October 2019.
We are preparing for the next application cycle for entry 2020.
Details will be announced very shortly. Please send your queries to:
Below please find information as to what information has to be included in an application.
- Full name
- Country of normal residence for the past 3 years
- All correspondence details (address, email and phone numbers).
- Dates, institutions and qualifications arising (with grades) from all of your higher and further
education (since the age of 17)
- For those currently studying for a degree, the names of the programmes and results that they have
achieved so far (percentages as well as grades) and their expected final grade
- Any professional qualifications, internships and research projects done in the past; any prizes or awards that you may have received so far
- Employment history
- Statement of your fluency in English and (if available) scores of English language tests
B. Academic Transcripts
- Please provide all academic transcript(s) via scans of good quality. For those currently
studying for a degree, the names of the programmes and results that they have achieved so far
(percentages as well as grades) and their expected final grade.
C. Personal Statements
The statement should be 1 page long and should
describe your academic and career plans as well as your motivation and your research interests. When
writing your personal statement, please make sure it answers the following questions:
- What are your machine learning interests?
- What are your healthcare interests?
- Why do you think the AI4Health CDT is the right choice for you?
No specific research proposal is required. You do not have to
have contacted a potential supervisor, but if you have spoken to any about specific projects, please do list